Hello and Happy Friday! Whew, it’s been a longish week for me. Great, but challenging in some ways. I’m done with my summer job, but this week involved a lot of family time and caring for my younger siblings. I’ve had a lot of fun this week doing all sorts of things and activities with them, but I also ended up doing lots of driving which always seems to take it out of me! Despite being a little sleepy, it’s been a great week, so it’s time to share some of my favorites!
- Cobb salad: I love a big, gorgeous, filling salad with lots of colors! This really hit the spot the other night!
- Burrito bowl: Yes, I went to District Taco again (a D.C./Northern Virginia legend), for the second time in the past week. Yes, it’s that good. This time I went with a barbacoa burrito bowl. Amazing, just like I knew it would be. They also have a free salsa bar so I load up on my pico de gallo!
- Chocolate banana oatmeal: It looks ugly but it was amazing! 1/2 mashed banana, oats, almond milk, spoonful of cocoa powder, microwaved for two minutes then topped with the rest of the banana and Dark Chocolate Dreams PB. This is one of my best oatmeal creations to date!
- Barnes & Noble: I haven’t been to a bookstore in forever, so it was fun just browsing around Barnes & Noble this week. I didn’t end up buying any books, although they were having some great deals with books on sale for $4.98 – $7.98. However, I have more than enough books that I got from my local library so I restrained myself. I did, however, buy a new journal that was on sale since I’m running out of room in my current journal!
- Pedicures with my sisters: It’s been forever since I’ve actually gotten a pedicure. I went to a place that I’d never been before and it was AMAZING. The prices were actually lower than many other places in my area, and the lady who did my nails was so gentle, and really put a lot of effort into making me feel pampered! I went with a pretty orange color while my sisters chose different shades of blue.
- Frozen yogurt with my siblings: Gotta love froyo! I went with chocolate chip cookie dough and coconut yogurt with cookie/brownie bits, hot fudge, and coconut on top. Absolutely delicious, and such a fun way to end a summer evening and enjoy a beautiful sunset.
3 Activities of the Week:
- Reading: Currently (still) reading 100 Years of Solitude. I tend to get through books at a slower pace, but I do have to say that it makes me appreciate it a lot, and all the beautiful language that Marquez uses in the book.
- Crafting: If you read my post from yesterday, I mentioned that I was excited to hopefully have a “little sister” in my sorority this upcoming school year. We go through a fun custom called “Clue Week” where the big sisters shower their little sisters with gifts and fun activities so that they can guess who their big sister is. I’m making some canvases and other things for my future little and it’s so much fun. I love getting to be creative!
- Baking up a storm: I made bread for the first time ever this week! It didn’t turn out perfectly, but it tastes DELICIOUS. So much better than anything I’ve ever had from a store. It’s quite the process, but it was also a lot of fun to make! My sister made homemade pretzels this week and they are awesome! I love a soft pretzel with some mustard!
3 Runs this Week:
- Monday: 6 miles, 1 warm up, 4 faster pace, 1 cool down
- Wednesday: 5 miles, easy pace
- Thursday: 6.2 miles, easy pace
All of these were pretty great! I’ve been feeling a bit more tired and worn this week, so I’m planning on taking it a little easier next week with my training. Overall, I’m feeling really strong and excited for more training and for my upcoming race! I still have 14 weeks left to train, but the time is already flying by. I also bought my first Garmin and it’s so exciting to have another running tool!
I hope you have an amazing weekend! I’m looking forward to a long run (they’re my favorite), some relaxation time, and hopefully doing some reading. Do something fun and treat yourself well!
Do anything fun this week, or have fun weekend plans?
Favorite thing to do on days off? For me, slowly sipping my morning coffee and relishing the early morning hours.
What’s an activity that screams “summer” to you? Ice cream after dinner, sparklers on the 4th, and watermelon (not an activity but awesome nonetheless 😉 )