Hey ya’ll and Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Hope it was wonderful and fun. Today I am linking up with Julia over at Drops of Jules for the first Mental Health Monday! So exciting. Be sure to check out the other links on there, because you will be in for a treat!
Today I’m talking about gratitude. Because it’s powerful ya’ll. With the end of the school year, I tend to get pretty wistful. There are friends I miss, and memories and places that I won’t be around for a long while. And then this wistfulness turns into a little pity party.
And oftentimes, it’s really perfectly okay to be sad. But when I look back on the year I’ve had, it’s been a really awesome one, with people that are making it so hard to say goodbye. And when I think of that, that I am in friendships that make it this hard to say goodbye (for now), I really am a lucky and very blessed girl.
So I’m trying to keep my mood up and thoughts happy by focusing on all the things that make me happy. Taking time to be grateful for the wonderful things that happen to me, both the big and the small.
So, without further ado, here are 25 random things to be grateful for, to prick the corners of that smile on your face, and to add a little sunshine into your Monday!
- Getting work done in coffee shops
- Puppies (and puppy gifs)
- The ability to move and run
- Getting a new pair of running shoes
- Friends (especially when they take pictures with you)
- Weird Snapchat filters
- Breakfast sandwiches
- Having a random 30 minutes to yourself that you weren’t expecting.
- Knowing all the funny lines in your favorite movie and quoting them as you watch the movie for the 20th time.
- Curling up with a good book and getting lost in it
- Waking up but spending 20 extra minutes in bed, enjoying the feeling of waking up
- Running into a friend you weren’t expecting to see
- The beach and the feeling of sand and water splashing over your toes
- Listening to happy music (need suggestions? check out this post!)
- Being in awe of nature
- Comfy sweatshirts and blankets
- Pretty journals/notebooks/planners
- Peanut butter (in all its glorious flavors and forms)
- Laughing so long that you forgot what made you laugh in the first place
- Being alive 🙂
Hope you enjoyed this list! Let me know what makes you happy/cheers you up!