Hello wonderful world! Today I am linking up with Courtney over at Eat Pray Run D.C., Mar over at Mar on the Run, and Cynthia over at You Signed Up for What for Friday Five. Go over and check out everyone else’s Friday Five, because you’ll be in for a treat!
Today is a day where I just feel very thankful. Sometimes I get so caught up in the day-to-day busy-ness that is life these days that I forget how many awesome big and small things are occurring in my life. So here are 5 things that I am thankful for. Some silly, others more serious! Let me know what you’re thankful for in the comments!
- Being able to run and exercise. I take this one for granted a lot, until something starts limiting me. Over the past few weeks, I’ve been riddled with a cold and a large dose of spring allergies. Meaning, I have been a sneezing, coughing mess over the last few weeks. With not being able to breathe so well, I decided to take some time off from running. I have some exercise-induced asthma and I know better than to try to push my body past it’s limits when I’m not feeling well. It’s only made getting back to moving and exercising better. A treadmill run this past Saturday was 100x better because it was the first time I was able to run. I felt great, listened to some awesome tunes, and remembered why I love it so much. I’m going to make an effort to try to remember how much of a gift running is to me.
- Puppies (and dogs!). Recently, and I mean very recently, I have started loving dogs. I used to be terrified of them, mostly because I’ve been bitten twice. And I don’t really consider myself to be a huge animal lover. But earlier this week, after a tiring day of meetings and work, a passerby let me pet their little dog, and it gave me so much joy. Something about those big, innocent puppy eyes made me melt and now I’ve started looking forward to seeing puppies and dogs out and about! This is a huge change for me and I’m thankful for all of the wonderful creatures that are on this Earth that I get to interact with every day.
- Warm and Sunny Weather! I feel like I talk about this all the time, but my moods are very much impacted by weather. I love the sun, seeing all things green, and just spending as much time as possible in the great outdoors. Spring time is just such an amazing time of year, and it never gets old seeing the seasons change. I’m so in awe of the world that surrounds me, and especially on Earth Day, I want to spend some time being thankful for the many resources and sources of beauty that God has blessed us with on this Earth.
- Brunch. I always forget how much I love brunch. I thought of this because I have plans to meet up with a friend that I haven’t seen for awhile this weekend. I love lazy brunches, where you get to talk to your friends and loved ones, leisurely sipping coffee and enjoying each other’s company. Also brunch food is the bomb.com! Eating in the company of others is such a joy for me now (it used to not really be, which is another story), and I feel so thankful that I’ll get to spend an hour or two doing just that this weekend!
- These two. Now I’m 99% sure that these two wonderful ladies have never laid eyes on this blog, so hopefully they won’t be embarrassed by my blabbing about how great they are. But this is my big and my big-big in my sorority. Though I met them both only this year, they have become like family to me. They are both graduating this year, but they inspire me every single day. One is off to get her PhD in chemistry, and the other is getting her MEd so that she can teach in inner-city schools. How cool is that? I’m so blessed to be surrounded by women who encourage each other, work hard, and can make me laugh til I cry. Friendship is one of the most beautiful things, and I am so blessed to have experienced friendship like this. Love you M and J!
And that’s a wrap! Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I have schoolwork to do this weekend (ugh finals) but also some fun things too! I hope you enjoy some beautiful spring weather!
What is something (serious or silly!) that you’re grateful for?