Hello all, and welcome to my little corner of the internet! I’m so glad you’ve stopped by. To start, I’d love to tell you a little more about myself and what this little blog is about!
So here are 10 things about me!
- My favorite foods include: PEANUT BUTTER (!!!), overloaded salads, hummus, smoothies, and any type of cake or cupcake out there!
- I really love coffee (aka a crazy addiction to it…). I usually only drink about 2 cups each day but sometimes it’s more because it’s just so nice to have a steaming mug of happiness in my hand! I’ve also never met a coffee shop I haven’t liked.
- I’ve run two half marathons and I’m currently training for my third. I ran my first when I was 17 and the same race the next year at 18. Finishing the second half was one of my proudest moments of my life. I went in without a time goal, and ended up PR’ing by about 20 minutes! After almost having a meltdown at the starting line because I was worried that I hadn’t trained enough, it was wonderful to not only finish, but to finish and race well.
- My love of fitness and being active started with a love for all things dance. I took dance class from kindergarten through eighth grade and absolutely LOVED it. I actually ended up starting to run because I stopped dancing (that’s another story). But I’ve picked dancing back up and I love all the different benefits that it offers to both my body and mind.
- I go to school at William & Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia. I could go on and on about my college, but there’s something really to be said about living and running in a historical environment. I’ll often run down a dirt-packed road and over bricks, dodging horse manure, nodding at people in colonial garb as they sit in front of shops, or wave to George Washington as he passes on horseback. It’s a unique experience to say the least.
- I’m very involved in my sorority, Gamma Phi Beta. One thing that I especially love about it is our wonderful philanthropy, Girls on the Run. I participated in Girls on the Run, and it is a wonderful organization about building confidence and wellness in young girls, so that they can become strong and empowered women. Check it out here! girlsontherun.org
- I love Disney World! I’ve only been there once, but it was one of the happiest weeks of my life. I felt like a little kid again as I met my favorite characters and watched parades and went on all the rides!
- I love the summer and hate the winter. Give me 90 degrees and humid any day over freezing temps and wind! Though I love wearing boots and sweaters in the winter, there’s nothing like wearing sandals and sundresses in bright and fun colors!
- I’m hoping to run a marathon later this year. The Richmond Marathon to be exact. When I was 10 and completed my first 5k, I decided that some day I wanted to run a marathon. Fast forward to about 2 years ago and I set a goal of running a marathon before I turn 21 (eek!). We’ll see if it actually happens (if not, no biggie), but I think I’m ready for the challenge!
- I passionately believe that being a healthy and whole individual involves so much more than eating healthy and exercising (those are really important too!). For me, it means lots of sleep (no joke, I need about 8-9 each night), time with good friends and family, time to relax and goof off, and time in prayer and silence. I don’t always have these in the right balance, but join me as I try to figure this whole life thing out, and build up my physical, mental, and emotional endurance!
What about you? Tell me a fun fact about yourself in the comments below!